A list for 2004
2005-01-06, 12:33 p.m.
Another list, this time swiped from Athena
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
There's that whole quitting smoking thing.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't really make any. Won't make any for 2005 either.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, please & thank you.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Again, no, please & thank you.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A svelte, <225 pound body
increased lung capacity
normal blood pressure
normal cholesterol levels
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Aug. 22, 2004 - last cigarette smoked
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting some help for my wife. She still needs some, but won't see the need for herself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Some pulled/strained muscles
A cold, maybe??
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Kids - buckled down and improved their college grades.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Big surprise - the wife.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, then servicing other debts.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Really, really, really - the Skankees, or Yank these losing to Boston in the ALCS.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
not a damn one.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? kinda the same
b) thinner or fatter? Uh, fatter. Which is just so sad. See #6
c) richer or poorer? Richer. Debts down, investments had some modest gains.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Read. Fiction, fact, bio's, just more books in general.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending so much time on the internet.
Sitting around not being active (watching TV)
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
xmas 2004 was spent in the comfort of our own home
Hopefully xmas 2005 will be in Florida
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
22. How many one-night stands?
Not a one. Big surprise there, no?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Toss up between any L&O and Survivor. (shut up)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate - no. Hating is a waste of energy. There are however, plenty of people I am less impressed with.
25. What was the best book you read?
Don't think I actually read an entire book the whole year.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
A second vehicle
better grades from the kids
28. What did you want and not get?
A better relationship with the wife
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn't see any in the theater. On DVD - nothing really made that big an impact on me. Shrek 2 was kinda cute,
I Robot was entertaining.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had dinner of my choice with the family. Pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ beans and a super tater salad. Smoked the pork myself, Dec. 18. Yeah, we're nuts about smoked foods. Also happened to turn 46.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Toss up again.
1 - Creating and staying on a decent diet plan.
2 - Convincing the wife she really can't drink anymore.
I'm going to really try for both in 2005.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
33. What kept you sane?
Who's to say anything did?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The actress that plays Dr. Rodgers (the coroner) on L&O
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election and the lack of a candidate worth choosing. When are we going to get a "None of the Above" choice?
36. Who did you miss?
My dad and my mother in law.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Met a lot of great folks, especially at work.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
The passive/aggressive approach I've been doing with the wife is NOT getting the results we both need.
If you use a pop-up blocker, hit "Ctrl" when you click to leave a comment