2007-08-14, 2:53 p.m.
Iíll get to that in a minute. Bet youíre excited by that, eh? At least it offers a tiny, scary peek into my head.
Uhhhhhhhh Ė business mans special at the ball park yesterday was pretty sweet. Ate a little too much, but got out of work at 10:15 and left the ball park just after 1pm. Left me time to go shopping for an extra bíday present for Zach. Now heís got a wireles router for his apartment, and I donít feel guilty about swiping his.
Cindy went and picked up her dad to bring him over for Zachís bíday dinner. She got there a little after 3. Seems he couldnít find his camera (a very nice Nikon D50). After 2 hours of tearing his apartment to shreds, she found it in the oven. Yeah, itís like that. Gotta admit, Iíve looked in the oven before for things, but never found anything there (itís usually the fridge or under/in the bed where I find things). This use of the oven is a first. Iím just glad he never uses it for cooking.
There was also some financial stuff from one of his accounts left out. He was apparently trying to get his wifeís name removed from an account after 4 years. He needs to send an official copy of her death certificate. (That he thought he lost 3 years ago, so we ordered 4 more copies, only to find the 3 that he already had. I now hold all copies in my firesafe) What did he send? Their marriage license and 2 copies of her cremation certificate. Yeah, itís like that.
So on top of all this fluffy, happy crap going on between Cindy & I, thereís what her dad is going through, and by extension, us as well. Probably not the best time to be asking if she is serious about committing to rebuilding a partnership. But itís gotta be asked.
Rough workout this morning. Legs were like lead. Bailed after only 2.75 miles. Wimp.
Found out where my van is leaking radiator fluid from. The stupid steel lines that go to the auxiliary heater for the rear of the van. Huge leak. Tried to locate replacement parts at local parts stores. No go. Called a dealer service place. $400ish dollars to get them done and one day without the van. Glad Zach is still home. Dropping it off tomorrow for repairs. Should only take one day, which is sweet. Need it to help Move Zach & Jill into their new digs Saturday.
So the lazy mans meme. Swiped this from Lisele, who swiped it herself. Helps cover the gap (hole?) thatís appeared in my head lately.
1. What is your middle name? Keith
2. How big is your bed? Queen. (I know Ė but until recently, it hasnít been a problem. Now? Oi.)
3. What are you listening to right now? The ringing in my ears
4. What are the last 4 digits in your cell phone number? 1169 (my work number? 1569. Close, but not even on purpose)
5. What was the last thing you ate? Caramel cheesecake w/pecans, unless this mornings coffee counts.
6. Last person(s) you hugged? Lets just say it was a woman. No, we werenít alone in the room, and yes, we were standing. Clothed. Fully clothed.
7. How is the weather right now? In Rottenchester, today? Not bad actually. Sunny, 80ís
8. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Co-worker
9. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Looking at her front? Eyes. Looking at her rear? Her rear. Sad but true.
10. Favorite type of Food? Most anything edible. Love BBQ, Cajun, Chinese, Italian Ė anything hot, hot, hot. Intense dislike for bananaís & melons.
11. Do you want children? Thatís perverted. I prefer adults of the opposite gender actually.
12. Do you get high? On life. I have a two story house that I paint myself. Gotta get as high as the peak of the roof. On a ladder. Used to be a pretty good tree climber. And yes, I love the dizzies you get when youíre up high like that.
13. Ever get so drunk you donít remember the entire night? In the long ago past, yes. In the last 10 Ė 15 years? No way.
14. Hair color? The ones that are staying are starting to go gray. All the brown ones are falling out. Dammit.
15. Eye color? Hazelish/greenish/brownish Ė depends on the day
16. Do you wear eye contacts? No. Do wear bi-focals these days.
17. Favorite holiday(s)? Opening day of bow season for deer. Thatís not a holiday where you are? Pity.
18. Favorite Season? Fall. See above.
19. Have you ever cried over a boy/girl? Yup. Girl. Please.
20. Last Movie you Watched? Big screen? Bourne Ultimatum. Excellent flick.
Small screen? Ummmm Ė they donít show movies on ESPN or the Discovery Channel, do they? I think I saw the second Underworld recently maybe. Kate Beckinsale in pleather. Yummy.
29. What books are you reading? Catcher in the Rye (never read it in school), Codependant No More, Meditation for Dummies. Thrilling, eh?
30. Piercings? None on purpose, all the accidental ones have healed nicely.
31. Favorite Movie? Canít have just one. Braveheart, Platoon, Amistad, the list goes on . . .
32. Favorite College Football team? Syracuse (hey, had a kid go there . . .)
33. What were you doing before filling this out? Work actually Ė waiting for an update on a schematic. Tiome to go hunt the techs down.
34. Any pets? 14 (15?) fish, outdoors in a pond, in NY. Yes, it works.
35. yahoo? Yipee.
36. Dogs or cats? Neither now, but I like either.
38. Favorite Flower? A lavender colored rose by the name of Lagerfeld. Partial to Locust blossoms too. They smell gorgeous.
40. Have you ever loved someone? Some days, Iím not so sure.
41. Who would you like to see right now? Elvis. Or Jimmy Hoffa.
43. Have you ever fired a gun? Lots. M16, M60, LAW, M1, various shotguns, rifles, pistols, BB guns and hi power pellet rifles.
44. Do you like to travel by plane? Love it.
45. Right-handed or Left-handed? (for what activity?) Right mostly. Left handed at hockey.
46. If you could go to any place right now where would you go? Alaska Cruise. Wanna come along?
48. Are you missing someone? No, I think I know where everyone is. (This is Liseleís answer. I liked it, so it stays. Thanks Lisele) Iíll add, ďYes, but not who I should be.Ē
49. Do you have a tattoo? Why?
50. Do you still watch cartoons on Saturday mornings? Not compatible with 60 mile bike rides.
51. Are you happy with yourself? Getting better. Always have work to do though.
52. Are you 18? No. Try 48.
53. What is the wallpaper on your phone? Some Feng Shui rock thingy supplied by the manufacturer (Murderola Ė the dead bat company).
54. Did you get enough sleep last night? Thought so, till I hit the gym this morning. Dead legs.
55. First thing you thought about this morning? The gym
56. What do you have handy at your bedside? Clock radio, lamp, book.
57. Grilled or fried: Grilled.
58. Ever had sex? With my spouse? Lately? Ha!! (meme must have been originated by an 18 yr old!)
59. What makes you unique? Just being me.
60. Are you afraid of the dark? I work in darkrooms all day. I must be terrified.
61. Favorite hangout? Lately? Panera Bread.
62. 3 Things you canít live without? Oxygen, water, a little luviní. White chocolate Reeses cups too.
63. First thing you will buy if given 4 thousand dollars? A lawyers time?
64. Favorite song? Lately? Enter Sandman, Metallica. Love the way the opening builds, the rumble of the bass & drums, the pacing. Lyrics? Theyíre fine, but Iím all about the way the music is built. You could remove the lyrics to this piece, leaving the melody behind to play along with the rest and the tune would still be intense.
65. What are you afraid of? Gawd. Screwing up my marriage. Screwing up my life by trying to save my marriage. Screwing up by not working on my marriage and moving on to the next best thing. Everything there is to lose by screwing up any of the above. The next question.
66. Are you a giver or a taker? Giver. Often uncomfortable taking or receiving.
68. What is your dadís middle name? Frank
69. Whatís your moms middle name? Arlene
70. Stuck on a deserted island & could only bring one thing? A boat. (Thanks Lisele)
71. Favorite T.V. commercial? The one I donít have to watch. Iím paying for TV Ė why do I need commercials?
72. Whoís your cell phone provider? Verizon
73. First thing youíll save in a fire? Family. Everything else is either replaceable or just plain not necessary.
74. Favorite color(s)? Red(s)
75. What are the things you always bring with you? Wallet, keys, phone, jump drive, brain.
76. What did you want to be when you were a kid? Baseball player, trombonist, chemist.
77. What do you usually do when the clocks turn? I have all digital clocks, they donít turn.
78. The color of your bed sheet? Beige. Boring. But high thread count. Also meant for a pillowtop mattress.
79. Who do you want to meet? The person thatís going to set my head straight. Or the people in #41.
80. What do you think about before you go to bed? Did I pack my clothes for the gym? Did I make my lunch? Maybe I should lay on my side so I donít snore. Did I set the timer on the TV? Lordy Iím tired of thinking for a while . . .
Oh yeah. 26th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow. Have no clue what to get. I'm thinking something along the lines of a handwritten, heartfelt card. Anything else seems inappropriate. Of course, that'll be better than what I got last year. But I'm not harboring any bitterness about that. Much.
If you use a pop-up blocker, hit "Ctrl" when you click to leave a comment